Thursday, February 24, 2011

Not decided yet, but roughly....this would be it

As I read my books, blogs and forums around, it's really difficult to really make an itinerary now. But after some consulting I guess it would be something like this :

13 march - Arrival Colombo
9am visiting Pettah and around, then taking the train around 4.15pm straight to Anuradhapura. Arriving around 8.30pm.
Allready booked a guesthouse for the first night. Milano tourist rest for 19€ as mentionned in my Lonely Planet.

13/14 march - Anuradhapura 1 night
Visiting Anuradhapura and Mihintale with the bike. Taking a bus in the afternoon to Dambulla

14/15/16 march - Dambulla 2 nights
1st day - visiting Dambulla caves
2nd day - hireing a car+driver to visit Sigiriya & Polonnaruwa and driving straight on to Kandy



16/17/18 march - Kandy 2 nights
1st day - strolling around Kandy - Temple of the tooth and botanic gardens
2nd day - relaxing and taking the train to Hatton to get to Dalhousie

18/19 march - Adam's Peak !!
The big night ! Around 2am climbing the famous pelgrim mountain Adam's peak (Sri Pada) with it's 5000 stairs ! Hoping to reach the top....
After that, continuing straight to Haputale to rest....



19/20 march - Horton Plains & World's end
After a good long night of sleep, leaving early to hike through Horton Plains and reach Worlds end. If my legs follow.....
Taking a car to move on in the afternoon to Ella.


20/21/22 march - Ella 2 nights
After all the efforts, taking a break in Ella, with little hikes and massages...

Then I get a little confused about where to go....
1st option
Going south through Tangalle 1 night - Mirissa 2 nights - Galle and ending 2 nights around Negombo to catch our early flight back

2nd option
Going south to Kataragama 1 night - Tangalle 1 night - Unawatuna 2 nights and ending with a night Negombo...

The more I think about it, the more I get confused. So many things to do there... Turtles in Tangalle, whalespotting in Mirissa, the famous stilt fishermen, Galle fort, relaxing, aaarrrrgrrghhhhhh !!!!



I think we'll see when we get there.... Or do you have any suggestions ??

Anyway, I believe this will be a trip not to forget ! I'm so looking forward to it, it's making me crazy ! 2 days ago, I recieved a call from a guesthouse from Kandy, it feld like I was allready there. The guy named Malik was so friendly and helpfull. Told me that I had to change my plans because of the Cricket World Cup in Kandy !! Thanks to him, I will not be there for the increased prices and lots and lots of people for this event ! Thank you Malik from Palm Garden.

1 comment:

Comments welcome

New look - New content - New passion

Comme vous l'avez remarqué mon blog à été laissé de côté quelques temps par manque d'inspiration. Depuis je me suis décou...